We envision a world where individuals are nurtured and families are supported so that conditions are created for communities to achieve their full potential.
Fueling good ideas that build a better world
- Brilliant solutions for community problems can come from anywhere and anyone.
- We value the diversity of thought and practice, and will resolve differences with dignity.
- Families who learn, share, and give together grow together and can change the world.
- All adults serve as examples for children.
- Our collective well-being is tied to the well-being of those who suffer most from injustice.
The BMPP Giving Circle's start began in Minnesota in 2012 when eight families co-founded the giving circle through shared values, a vision and mission - a mission to use their financial resources to celebrate, learn about, and raise more money to fuel the change they wanted to see in the world. Because Minnesota is home to this multi-generational giving circle, BMPP made their first grants to three local Minnesota nonprofits that are innovating and working to build vibrant and healthy communities. The co-founding families share their reasons for joining:
The BMPP Giving Circle expanded to include Asian American families from Minnesota and Wisconsin who come together to celebrate, learn about, and pool their financial resources to support innovative projects that advance justice and equity. Because they come from cultures of generosity and giving, the aspire to model those attributes by finding new practices in American philanthropy that help to continue to fuel the change they wanted to see in the world. The families include:
- Bo Thao and Dennis Urabe, and their daughter Emi (2013 - present)
- Cheng Her and his children: Asya, Logan, and Julia (2014 - present)
- Kaohly and Kong Her and their daughters: Taylor and Ayden (2013 - present)
- Terri Thao and Cheng Vang and their children: Doua Zong and Touly (2013 - present)
- Pahoua and Toua Yang and their children: Chuyi, Yeemeng and Kaiyou (2015 - present)
Past BMPP Donor Families
- Elizabeth Yang and Elliot Vang and their children: Evan and Evelyn (2013 - 2015)
- Kaosong Vang and Choua Yang and their children: Roan and Aria (2013 - 2014)
- Paul and Phoua Vang and their children: Kal-El, Gabe and Neela (2013)
- Phillip Vang (2013)
- Dia Lee (2013)
BMPP has gifted over $66,000 to 19 projects in Minnesota and Wisconsin since 2013.