What causes doES BMPP support?
We are looking for unique ideas to support Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the Upper Midwest (Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin) to build a better world where individuals are nurtured and families are supported so that their communities can achieve their full potential. By unique we mean new, inventive, and timely projects. We are not looking to support existing or ongoing projects.
This year we are especially interested in projects that support work that addresses the intersections of race/ethnicty, class, and gender.
What MUST I INCLUDE IN MY APPLICATION?
Your application must include your contact information, and you must answer the following required questions:
- Name of the sponsoring 501 (c) 3 nonprofit.*
- Tell us about yourself.
- Tell us about the idea. Why is it needed now?
- How will you use the money?
- What impact will your project will have if you successfully complete it? How will it have helped to advance justice for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the Upper Midwest region (Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin)?
*We are open to supporting individuals, but this funding must be applied for through an IRS designated 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization.
HOW MUCH CAN I APPLY FOR?
BMPP’s micro-grants are up to $2,500, so we are looking for small, but ambitious endeavors where our small investment makes up the majority of what’s needed to complete the project. If you need substantially more financial resources then we are offering we will not fund the project.
WHAT'S THE DEADLINE?
Deadline: We have a rolling deadline, but will only make grant decisions in the Spring and Fall.
If you apply between November 1 - March 31 then we will be in touch in May to inform you of our decision.
If you apply between April 1 - August 31 then we will inform you in October of our funding decision.
How do I apply?
There are two ways to submit your application:
what else should i knoW?
- We are looking for projects that can be implemented shortly after receipt of the funds. We expect that our funds will make up the majority of what’s needed to complete the project.
- Though we are open to supporting individuals, this funding must be applied for through an IRS designated 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization.
We know there are many creative and innovative ideas that people have for advancing justice, and sometimes it just takes a small amount of financial support to bring those ideas to life – we are looking for those projects. So, if you have an idea that you believe fits these simple criteria, please consider this opportunity.
Got more questions?
Lets talk. We'd love to hear from you.